Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Grace Elizabeth and Lillian Jane!

So if you haven't heard already, my sister's twins arrived today! They were delivered by C-section at 1:13 and 1:15 this afternoon, and each are 16 1/2 inches long. One is 4 lbs 6 oz and the other is 4 lbs 8 oz, but I don't remember which is which! Sorry! But they are both beautiful! They both have very dark brown hair and I think it's more than what Brock has now! I went down to see them tonight and they are beautiful! Because they are in the NICU, Brock and Ella are not allowed to see them, so just I went down. I was the last visitor for the night, but I got to be the first (besides Eric and Shelene, of course) to hold them! Horray! They are beautiful and of course, so tiny! I took some "measurements" so I would have something to show Chad and Ella. So from the top of their heads to their chin, is about the size of my middle finger...thier eyes are about the size of my thumbnail, and from their elbow to wrist is about the size of my pinky! But they are doing so very well, and so is Shelene. Shelene should be home on Monday or so, but the babies will be a bit longer. Before they go home, they have to learn how to eat on their own and that is a process much easier said than done! The first two pictures are of Gracie and the second two are of Lilly, and the last picture is of the kids on Easter Sunday. Once we get to see the girls a little bit more and Ella and Brock get to see them, I will post some more pictures. By the way, select carefully when you vote on the poll or you might have a few people after you!

3 comments:

Trishia said...

Cute, cute babies! Brock has gotten so big! What cute cheeks:)

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

How wonderful! Congratulations to your family. They are beautiful girls. How far along was your sister when they were born?

Eric Westover said...

It's nice to see other people's photos too. Thanks for posting them. We're glad you were able to come down (and be the first to hold them).