Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Happy Halloween, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Seeing everyone start to post on their facebook page about what they are thankful for has got me thinking today about some of the things I am thankful for. I guess I'll share a few of them along with our pictures. Hopefully it won't come across as being TOO cheesey. :)
1. I'm thankful for my little boy! I can't believe he is three already! He had a great birthday and is so very happy with his new Buzz and Woody toys! He is also taking after grandpa Wyckhuyse and grandpa Carl by sharring their love of trains.
2. I am thankful for my little princess, Miri! She has surprised me in many ways and one of them is that she loves her cars, dinosaurs, Buzz Lightyear and Woody just as much as the boys do! I peeked in the nursery window a few weeks ago to see her playing dinosaurs with the boys in her class!
3. I am thankful for Ella and what a wonderful big sister she is. Just tonight she was giving Miri rides around the house in the laundry basket and they were giggling wildly the whole time. She was so careful to watch out for her brother while trick-or-treating and is ready to share her candy with Miri.
4. I am grateful for a husband who honors his priesthood, adores his children, loves and respects me. It was said during conference a few weeks ago that the best thing a father can do for their daughter is love her mother. All I could do the moment I heard those words was smile happily because he definitely does and given Ella's sick looking faces just after her dad hugs and kisses me, she knows it too!
5. I am grateful for the blessings the temple promises us as a family and am so glad that we have a temple 5 minutes from our house. The kids love stopping by and taking a walk around the grounds and I love that they are learning how important the temple is.
6. I am grateful for our heater. It got cold today and I think over the summer I've forgotten how cold it gets here. The heater really helped take the edge off. :)
7. I'm thankful that marching band season is over. I love it in the moment and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but I am certainly ready for the break and to be a real stay at home mom again! (I think my kids and husband are too!)
8. I'm grateful for wonderful parents who taught me to do my best. I'm not a perfect mom nor will I be winning any "world's greatest mom" awards anytime soon, but I do the best I can. My kids feel loved and safe and that is proof that my best is working out pretty well for them!
9. I'm thankful that I have enough. We don't drive big, fancy cars, I don't wear designer jeans, my kids don't get everything and anything they want, but we have what we need and I know that's a lot more than many people can say.
10. I'm grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. He makes me want to be a better wife, mother, and person. The knowledge that He lives brings comfort in times of need and happiness during my daily life.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you can take a minute over the next few weeks to remember and appreciate all of the blessings in your life!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm commenting because I hate having people look at my blog and have them remain anonymous. Your kids are lucky to have such a terrific, talented and fun mom!

Eric Westover said...

Nice post. We all have a lot to be thankful for. Glad to be a part of this family.