Monday, February 13, 2012

Hello everyone! Here I am again, ready to give you and update through pictures and words on our lives. I guess I'll start with the first photo...Brock in his Buzz Lightyear costume! He wore this nearly everyday for about two and a half months. He still asks for it daily, but for several reasons, we decided to be cruel parents and take it away from him. He was wearing this thing not just at home but out in public so consistently that people would see us and laugh and I didn't understand why. It was so normal to me! 

Brock is in primary at church now, and we struggled for a few weeks at first with tantrums and tears about his new class, but he enjoys it now! Last week was the first week I was able to drop him off without a temper tantrum and when he came home he was so proud to tell us about his lesson about the Holy Ghost making us feel happy inside. We are so glad to see the progress that he makes, now if we could only convince him to make progress in the potty-training area of life!

And our crazy Ella! What a little nutcase, huh? Oh we love her! We are so happy to share that just this month we were able to have her baptized. It was such a special day for her and we really enjoyed it. We had several of our extended families come out to celebrate with us and had a great time. The baptism itself of course was beautiful (I cried but I'm sure that's no shocker) and then we were able to spend most of the rest of the day swimming and hanging out with family. It was a tiring weekend, but it was awesome!

Ella stays busy every week with girl scouts, dance class, swim class, and now that she's 8, activity days through church. We just finished selling girl scout cookies and will have to get them deliverd in a few weeks here. She will have two dance competitions this year, one in March and one in May. She is doing very well in school, above average in every subject, especially chit-chatting!

Our little Meer-cat always makes us smile! She is growing so big and we are in complete denial over the fact that she is not a baby anymore. She is spouting out not new words, but phrases almost everyday and my jaw drops in shock every time! I was trying to put toys away the other night and she very firmly said, "no mom! let go!" Then today, she was looking through a church alphabet book that my sister made for the kids and she came across M for Mommy. There is a picture of me on the page and she says to the book, "Hi Mommy! I wuv you!" My heart just melted!

 Chad and I are defintely staying busy. When I spend an afternoon in the car running Ella back and forth to her activities, I often wonder how moms of several kids all involved in activites do it! Do they just live in their cars? I'm sure it will be an adventure to find out! Chad is very busy between work and his calling as Elder's Quorum President in our ward. He spends a lot more time at church now but is enjoying learning from everyone that he is working with.

We were able to make a quick escape to Salt Lake a few weeks ago just for a night to see the comedian Brian Regan with some of my family. We had a delicious dinner before with everyone and then at the show, we laughed so hard our faces hurt! He was hysterical and if you ever get a chance to go see him, do it! We stayed in Salt Lake that night while Ella, Brock, and Miri had a slumber party with two awesome baby sitters. I think they had just as much fun as we did! Take care everyone!

No comments: